What is the Primary Years Programme (PYP)?
The PYP curriculum framework
The framework emphasizes the central principle of agency, which underpins the three pillars of school life.
Learning and Teaching
The Learning Community
The PYP learning community brings to life learning and teaching practices that support students in pursuit of a significant, relevant, engaging, and challenging learning experience.
The PYP Exhibition
At GPIS, the PYP celebrates the students’ learning through the PYP Exhibition. The PYP Exhibition takes place in PYP8 (grade 5). Students showcase their learning journey and agency. Students work in collaboration to lead an inquiry that tackles local and global issues and revel their capacity to take relevant action. This event is the culminating point of the PYP and is shared with the entire school community.
To find more about PYP, visit the IB website:
- What is the Primary Years Programme?
- Does the PYP have a specific set of standards?
- What are the advantages of an IB education?
- Does implementing an IB programme mean my child’s school will not teach local or national standards?
- Are IB programmes considered, “gifted”, programmes?
- When do students start and finish the PYP?
- When do they transition to the MYP?
- What is my role in the PYP? How can I learn more about the IB and PYP?